ADVANCING FROM LOOP TO LOOPPLUS
LOOPPLUS is an upgraded programme of LOOP aiming to facilitate companies to collect and report on key performance indicators (KPI) in the environmental subject area and to set a timeframe for emission reduction with a world-recognised standard. 4Cs (Commit, Calculate, Cut and Communicate) concept is at the core of LOOP, and the same hold for LOOPPLUS. The idea is a circular loop to help corporates continuously review and progressively improve their performance towards Net Zero through an ambition-based certification system.
Further to 4Cs, SMART serves as a cross-cutting framework for corporates to monitor their performance is on track to their desired target.
- Specific – setting boundary relevant to operations with absolute GHG reduction targets & intensities
- Measurable – Targets indicate your ambition level & how you will track it
- Attainable – Aim high & examined measures, yet realistic that covers own operations & supply chain
- Relevant – Target must relevant to the organisation, inclusion of Scope 1 & 2 is a must
- Time bound – Targets in different timeframe, refine through regular performance review & tracking
Once every two years, participating corporates have to conduct an assessment on carbon performance covering the agreed boundary and their sustainability aspects. With this process, corporates can establish the baseline, understand their current position, status, and gain insights into transferrable best practices.
Click here to know more on how LOOPPLUS accelerates companies’ actions on climate change and sustainable development.
You may click the image below to access the programme factsheet of LOOPPLUS [Updated on June 2023].
NEED A TALK?
As part of the international network, WWF-Hong Kong possesses expertise in corporate sustainability, climate change, Net Zero and science-based targets (SBT), Nature-based Solutions (NbS), and works with companies to assess their environmental impact and build a strategic plan to reduce that impact in a way that will advance conservation, community and the company’s business objectives. Please contact us if you are ready to take bold actions to future-proof your business and safeguard the planet.